I am a big believer in using natural beauty products. I will always pick natural products over non-natural as they are healthier for you and I find that the majority of the time, they just really do work better. Instead of spending money on overpriced masks and moisturizers that use harsh chemicals, I decided to make my own healthy, natural face mask instead!
I did some research and picked 4 products that are not only extremely healthy and great for your skin, but products that are easily accessible and that anyone can find at the grocery store.
Why these 4 ingredients?
Greek Yogurt contains lactic acid which gently exfoliates and smooths the skin. It loosens dead skin cells and is a great natural ingredient to help fight blemishes.
Honey is a fantastic moisturizer (especially for dry skin) and helps to retain skins elasticity.
Bananas are high in potassium and can be used to help heal blemishes when applied directly to the skin. (You can use bananas as a face mask by itself!)
Lemon Juice contains Vitamin B and Vitamin C. The citric acid in lemon juice helps exfoliate the skin and really leaves the skin smooth and clean.
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 of a banana, mashed
- Combine Greek yogurt, honey, lemon juice & banana in a small bowl.
- Apply to face using fingertips or an old foundation brush.
- Leave mask on face for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove mask with warm water and a washcloth.
- If you have sensitive skin, skip the lemon juice as it may be too harsh and add 1 more teaspoon of honey instead.
Do you have a go-to DIY face mask or a favorite natural moisturizer? We’d love to hear from you!