If you only make one dessert this Holiday season – I would definitely recommend this one! This Eggnog & Rum Coffee Cake is like a dream. It is a quick & effortless recipe that is perfect for the holidays and allows you to spend time with your family instead of being in the kitchen! Simply throw the batter together in a pan the night before, and refrigerate overnight. Pop it in the oven the next morning and ta-da! You get a perfectly moist, spongey, light, festive & delicious eggnog coffee cake!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon spiced rum
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon eggnog
- Grease a 9″x13″ pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the Streusel Topping ingredients (sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg) together with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together 1 cup sugar & 1/2 cup softened butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 cup eggnog, 8 ounces sour cream, 1 teaspoon spiced rum and 2 eggs until well blended. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan and sprinkle with the streusel topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Uncover pan and bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 – 20 minutes. Mix the powdered sugar & eggnog to make the Eggnog Glaze and drizzle over cake.