Feeling under the weather? Ginger is an excellent natural remedy that consists of high levels of Vitamin C, magnesium and other minerals. It is known to help fight respiratory problems (including the common cold), reduces inflammation, improves blood circulation, strengthens immunity & relieves stress & nausea (among many other things).
I have had a pretty bad cold that has been lingering for over a week now so I decided to try a cup of Ginger tea. I added some lemon juice, orange juice, and some honey and it tasted really good! The ginger has a nice strong scent and spicy flavour. It really helps to open up and clear the senses.
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger (you don't have to peel it)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Put the grated ginger in a medium bowl.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over it and let it steep for 3-4 minutes.
- While waiting for the ginger to steep, put the lemon juice, orange juice and honey in a large mug. When the ginger is done steeping, strain & pour the ginger tea into the mug.
- Stir it all together.