We were invited to a Red Carpet Event last week (stay tuned, we’ll be talking all about it & an exciting upcoming VIFF Beauty contest soon!). It was our first Red Carpet and we quickly realized that we had to figure out so many things. What to wear, makeup choices, hair styles. All very important details for 2 gals who’ve never been to this kind of event before. Hair it turns out is a big deal.
Anyone who has long hair knows just how much time and effort it takes to style it. Especially for those special occasions. Omg… talk about dealing with pressure! One can never really have enough time to prep and style hair to perfection. If given no time limit we would still probably never be satisfied! Or is that just us?!
However we both prefer optimum style in a minimum time frame. Who really wants to spend hours upon hours just prepping your hair? Not us. And since we don’t have a personal hair stylist on speed dial we have come up with a very quick and easy way to style your hair for any occasion. Natasha found an amazing long summer maxi dress so she wanted to have her hair down in a loose, wavy curl.
We didn’t use many products plus it didn’t take more than 45 minutes from start to finish. How’s that for Red Carpet Ready in a jiffy?!
Get Natasha’s Red Carpet Glam Hair Look:
1. We recommend washing your hair the day (or night) before the event. The curl and style will hold much better this way.
2. The day of we used Batiste Dry Shampoo mostly on the roots of her hair. The Dry Shampoo adds structure and absorbs any oil. This product is amazing! I literally used to wash my hair every single day until I discovered dry shampoo. Now I wash it every 2nd or 3rd day and use the spray in between. Saves me sooo much time!
3. Brush the dry shampoo through. We used Conair’s new InfinitiPRO Brush which produces conditioning ions leaving the hair shiny, sleek and completely frizz free. We then added a dab of L’Oreal Mythic Oil Seve Protectrice just to the ends. This adds some hydration, shine and protection before using a hot curling iron.
4. I used a couple quick sprays of John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Spray all over before I did any curling.
5. When curling is complete, run your fingers through the hair lightly to fluff. Finish off by spraying hairspray generously through hair.
6. When totally complete I added a spritz of a scented hair mist. The one
we I chose (Natasha didn’t have a choice! ha!) was a strawberry scent (duh! I’m obsessed with strawberries. Is there any other flavour?) by Be Deluctable by Cake. This gives a nice soft pretty smell to your hair.
That’s it! It looks gorgeous and it was so easy.
KISS INSTAWAVE AUTOMATIC CURLING IRON ($69.96 CDN)
We used our KISS Instawave to create the curls. This is not an ordinary curling iron. It is super easy to use. It grabs a hold of your hair and twists it around the barrel creating amazing curls. Natasha has thick and long hair so I found that using smaller sections of hair worked the best. I focused on the outside pieces of hair mostly and loosely curled the under pieces. Then fluffed and sprayed the hair altogether.
Til next time Beauties…
Laura & Natasha xo
(written by Laura)