Pumpkin + Milk Chocolate Chips + Pecans = Perfection!
I love making dessert bars for many reasons… Let me count thee ways:
1) They’re super easy to make. Just throw the ingredients together, and pop it in a pan.
2) They almost always turn out moist & delicious.
3) anddd they usually taste even better the next day!
These Pumpkin Cake Bars are definitely no exception. They are moist, full of flavour, & are quick and easy to make.
While they are pretty cakey & fluffy fresh out of the oven, by the next day they almost have a nice chewy, blondie texture to them. They’re the best of both worlds!
I chose to use milk chocolate chips & pecans, but feel free to use whichever extra goodies you prefer.. from walnuts to any kind of chocolate chips.
This is one of my favorite Pumpkin recipes for Fall. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Bars Recipe
2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
1 1/2 – 2 cups milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9″x13″ inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter & sugars together on medium/high speed until smooth. Beat in egg, & vanilla until combined. Beat in the pumpkin.
4. Reduce speed to low, & mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips & pecans with a wooden spoon of spatula.
5. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in pan.
– Bars stay fresh for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
– Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.