Pumpkin is one of those ingredients that tastes good in pretty much any kind of baked good it’s in.
Pumpkin tastes amazing in cookies, breads, cupcakes & biscotti, but I think my favorite baked good to add pumpkin to is muffins! The pumpkin helps keep the muffins super moist and gives it an amazing flavour.
This is a super simple recipe for delicious, moist, perfectly-spiced pumpkin muffins. (No mixer is required!)
It’s a perfect, simple recipe to make if you have some leftover pumpkin.
- (yield: 12-14 cupcakes)
- 1 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Spray 2 muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners & set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg together until combined; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar & eggs together. Add in the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until ingredients are just combined – don’t overmix!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop batter and divide evenly into 14 muffin cups. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.