This recipe has been one of my family’s favourites since I was a kid. My mother would whip this up in a moments notice when local friends or family would call and say “Put the coffee on, we’re dropping by!”
There is nothing ‘sweeter‘ than serving your guests something amazingly delicious, hot out of the oven that’s made with love by you!
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. milk (I use 1%)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 lg eggs
- 2 c. blueberries (can use frozen also)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Prepare a 8″ or 9″ square baking pan.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl in microwave and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, sugar and eggs to the cooled melted butter.
- Whisk by hand to mix well then add to the flour mixture. Stirring til blended.
- Fold in the blueberries, gently, until just mixed.
- Spread batter into a prepared pan.
- In a small bowl stir together all of the ingredients except the butter and chopped nuts.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add in chopped nuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until done.
I hope you enjoy this delicious coffee cake with your family and friends as much as we do!