I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys! Why? Because it is my all time favourite. This is my ex mother-in-law’s recipe and is a family favorite. I’ve been making it forever. The crust for these tarts is the key. It’s light and fluffy and delicious. Without a great crust the tart is, well… not worth making. And this crust is da bomb! You are going to love them. They are the ultimate holiday treat.
Natasha was playing around with the camera and ended up filming me while baking the pecan tarts last night..
Here’s a little behind the scenes of what went down; Check it out!
- Ingredients for the Pecan Tarts Crust
- (Yield: 3 dozen tarts or 2 pies (top & bottom crusts))
- 1 lb Crisco
- 4 c. Flour
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg (mixed in with a 1/2 cup of water)
- (yield: 1 dozen)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 c. butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans (can substitute with walnuts or raisins)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
- After chilling, roll out dough and cut into tart shapes.
- Mix all ingredients together. Fill tart shells 2/3 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees f. for 8 minutes then adjust oven to 350 and continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these amazing Pecan Tarts as much as my family does!