I have been on a total smoothie kick lately and have been trying out different kinds of smoothie recipes… Some turned out decent, others not so good. Than I came across this little gem – a delicious Mango & Strawberry Banana Smoothie and it’s so tasty, I had to share this one with you guys – believe me, it’s a keeper!
Fresh, fruity, healthy, pretty, & easy to make! (What more could you want?)
I found the recipe on myrecipes which you can find here, but I have adapted it slightly.
- (Yield: 2 smoothies)
- 1 mango (peeled, and coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups total of plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- pinch of freshly grated lime zest
- 1 banana (peeled & chopped)
- 10 medium sized strawberries (washed, and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of freshly grated lemon zest
- In a blender, combine the mango, 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, pinch of lime zest & 2 ice cubes. Blend until combined. Divide the mango smoothie into 2 glasses, and set aside. Rinse the blender.
- Combine the banana, strawberries, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, pinch of lemon zest, and 2 ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Using a large spoon, GENTLY scoop the strawberry banana layer onto the inside edges of the glass on top of the mango layer. Do not pour the strawberry layer right on top of the mango layer straight from the blender, or else you won’t get the nice crisp horizontal line. (The first time I made a layered smoothie, it didn’t clarify how to pour the layer on top and I ended up with a swirly smoothie, instead of layered 😉 ) Take your time, and using a spoon drop small amounts at a time.