Who said Shortbread Cookies are only for Christmas time? We disagree! They are a great year-round treat and make the perfect accompaniment to a nice hot cup of tea. This recipe is extremely easy to make and requires very little ingredients (only 4 to be exact!). They’re the perfect cookies to whip up in a snap for guests or when you’re craving a lil’ something sweet.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup granulated sugar for the top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter & icing sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to approx. 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut out about 24 cookies. Transfer cutouts to prepared baking sheets and place 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Optional: After removing cookies from the oven, you can sprinkle the cookies with granulated sugar while they are still warm to make them look extra pretty!